Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Friday 28 March 2014

Some Girls Do by Clodagh Murphy.

I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book and when it arrived two things struck me... firstly, I loved the cover, and secondly I wasn't sure it was for me.  But let me set things straight right from the off... this is now one of my favourite books - I adored it!

Forget any preconceptions you might have when you learn that this book is based on the author of a red hot sex blog who chooses to find herself a 'friend with benefits' so she can brush up on her skills.  I was expecting a book full of sordid sex scenes, and don't get me wrong, there are plenty of steamy scenes in this book, but it is so much more than just a bonkbuster.  This has to be one of the most romantic books I've read.  There were so many moments that made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I was desperate for the right guy to come through in the end.  I got totally lost in the story, getting so absorbed I didn't want to put it down.

The sex scenes are really well written, like all of the book,  and blend seamlessly into the rest of the story.  All the characters are wonderful, Claire is such a normal girl who is so easy to relate to, battling everyday insecurities and later in the story a devastating heartbreak.  I really enjoyed getting to know Luca, he had a really deep back story, and I loved the way he was around Claire.  And Claire's Mum was just fabulous, the type of person I reckon everyone would love to meet.

I can't believe I hadn't heard of Clodagh's books before but I will certainly be reading more from her.  I would recommend this book to anyone, it really has something for everyone, but overall is that dream chick-lit we all hope to pick up... one that sweeps us up into it's achingly romantic story.  A dream to read.

The back page blurb:
Claire Kennedy is NiceGirl, the anonymous author of steamy online blog 'Scenes of a Sexual Nature'. An internet sensation, she attracts the attention of Mark Bell, a hot London publisher. But when it becomes clear that Mark is interested in more than just a book deal, Claire has to act fast. Because little does Mark know that NiceGirl is a lot more experienced in the bedroom than real-life Claire Kennedy.
Mark is offering Claire the life she's always dreamed of - a steady relationship, the literary world of London and a posh Highgate apartment.
But when Claire hires the services of struggling artist and commitment-phobe Luca to brush up on her sex skills, things get more complicated...
Great sex, friendship AND love ... can't a girl have it all?

Title: Some Girls Do
Author: Clodagh Murphy
Buy Some Girls Do

No comments: