Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 7 December 2013

I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk.

I love the main character Angela and I love Christmas so I just knew I would love this book and I was not disappointed.  Everything about this book was in keeping with the fantastic escapism that every I Heart book promises you.  Everywhere Angela goes it's guaranteed that mayhem with follow.  Reading about her adventures is so entertaining, it will have you laughing out loud.

I adore the 'I Heart' series of books and couldn't wait for the next instalment.  In this book we see Angela "Christmas the shit out of [herself]" (her words not mine!) and knowing what can happen when Angela gets involved, I just knew things would get exciting.

Not only is Angela taking on new challenges at work, she's also moving house, has unexpected house guests and plans to hit the New York Christmas scene hard!

We meet all of the much loved I Heart characters.  Once again Alex outdoes himself as the most romantic boyfriend you could wish for.  Jenny is full of life, opinions and pushiness and we see Louisa let herself go and enjoy all New York has to offer at Christmas.  We even see Angela's parents make an appearance.

Parts of this book are so so romantic I was melting whilst reading it.  And there is an obscene amount of festive loveliness sprinkled throughout the pages.

Angela might be ever so slightly crazy, definitely a bit neurotic and hopeless at dealing with problems but I adore everything about her.  She's a real hero in every book and an inspiration that no matter how badly things turn out, and how embarrassed you might feel, you can always carry on with your head held high.

This is a must read if you need an uplifting inspirational book absolutely chocced full of festive yumminess.

The back page blurb:
Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…
• Enormous Christmas tree
• Eggnog
• Eccentric British traditions
• Gorgeous man
But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs – new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays – something’s got to give…

Title: I Heart Christmas
Author: Lindsey Kelk
I Heart Series #6

No comments: