Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 1 December 2013

Billy And Me by Giovanna Fletcher.

I loved this book.  Right from the first page I was hooked and could not wait to keep turning pages until I found out more about Sophie.  I loved everything about her character.  From being a shy child she had found a place to work which brought her happiness, both through the work itself and the people she worked with.

Then all of a sudden, Billy falls into her life and everything changes. The story was just so romantic. Page after page was full of the twists and turns that every relationship goes through and so cleverly written I found myself flicking between which character I agreed with, never quite sure who was in the wrong and who was overreacting.

The ides that an ordinary waitress from a small town could fall in love with a Hollywood movie start and get whisked away into his showbiz world could seem a little bit unrealistic but everything about the way the story is written is so believable that I didn't question it once.

I was in tears reading this book, it is probably the most romantic novel I have read all year.  One of my favourite lines from the book (and there were so many beautiful moments it was hard to choose) is when Billy states: "I would tell her that my world is colourless without her in it, and that, from the moment I met her, she was all I ever wanted."

I feel like this was such an honest book, based simply on a relationship between two people.  There were ups and downs, romance and jealously, hurt and loneliness.  It was true and heartfelt and therefore a pleasure to read. I would seriously recommend this to any bookworm.

The back page blurb:
Sophie May has a secret.
One that she's successfully kept for years. It's meant that she's had to give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop.
But then she meets the gorgeous Billy - an actor with ambitions to make it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisked away from the comfort of her life into Billy's glamorous - but ruthless - world.
Their relationship throws Sophie right into the spotlight after years of shying away from attention. Can she handle the constant scrutiny that comes with being with Billy? And most of all, is she ready for her secret heartbreak to be discovered and shared with the nation?

Title: Billy And Me
Author: Giovanna Fletcher

1 comment:

The Girl in the Moonlight said...

Awesome review! Billy and Me is one of my absolute favourites!

thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk