Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 10 November 2013

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.

This is a page-turner of a book.  Whilst the initial few chapters took all my concentration in order to keep up with the introduction of so many characters, once I had got used to who everyone was the real drama started.

Straight away you are intrigued by the secret in the envelope and once this is revealed things only get more interesting.  The storyline keeps you reading and turning pages throughout the book and there are twists and turns all the way through.

The characters are very strong and you really feel like you get to know them, especially Rachel and Cecilia.  I love how all the character's lives intertwine with one and other and as the story unfolds you see the links between the characters deepen.

There is a philosophical side to this book, and the epilogue in particular really makes you think.

All in all I really enjoyed this book and once I'd got into it, I didn't want to have to put it down until I'd seen how events unfolded. It was fast-paced and thought-provoking, a must-read.

The back page blurb:
Mother of three and wife of John-Paul, Cecilia discovers an old envelope in the attic. Written in her husband's hand, it says: to be opened only in the event of my death.
Curious, she opens it - and time stops.
John-Paul's letter confesses to a terrible mistake which, if revealed, would wreck their family as well as the lives of others.
Cecilia - betrayed, angry and distraught - wants to do the right thing, but right for who? If she protects her family by staying silent, the truth will worm through her heart. But if she reveals her husband's secret, she will hurt those she loves most . . .

Title: The Husband's Secret
Author: Liane Moriarty

No comments: