Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 22 September 2013

Killer Queens by Rebecca Chance.

This was my first Rebecca Chance book and I'm happy to say I really enjoyed it.

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading but had heard so many good things about the book that I just had to give it a go.
I don't normally read 'bonkbusters' such as this one, but it was actually a lot of fun, and really good to have a change from my normal more fluffy chick-lit.

The British side of this story feels like it is strongly based on our very own royal family, but whilst it's fun to read making these comparisons the characters are so strong you get whisked into their very own story with them and forget all about what may or may not be our own reality.

I really liked the characters of Lori and Chloe, they were so normal and down-to-earth.  I could really relate to them despite the fact that they are about to become royalty and I am, well, not.

What I really loved about this book was that it's a brilliant escape from real life.  The characters are so vibrant and busy living lives that are so far removed from my own that reading this book really did whisk me off to a royal fairytale land.  The locations in the book sound so exotic you just wish you were there with the characters.

All in all this was a really fun book to read.  I will definitely read more Rebecca Chance books in the future.

But be warned, if you read this book you will never look at a banana the same way again!

What it's all about:
Every little girl grows up dreaming of marrying a prince - but what if the fairy tale turns into a right royal nightmare? Scheming kings, killer queens, evil princes, far-from innocent princesses, secret weddings, runaway brides, illicit affairs, death plots and lashings of steamy sex - it's just another day in the lives of the world's most powerful families. Find out what REALLY goes on behind closed palace doors…

Title: Killer Queens
Author: Rebecca Chance

No comments: