Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 5 May 2013

I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk.

The first thing I thought when reading this book was 'why have I not discovered Lindsey Kelk books earlier?'  Somehow I have never read one of these brilliants books which given the fact I'm a huge chick-lit fan and these are totally chick-lit heaven I've been seriously missing out.

I loved this book from the first page when the main character wonders if its possible to get a muffin top on your head whilst wearing a tiara.  I thought, yep, this is my kind of neurotic leading lady! Angela is the perfect main character, she's just a normal girl thrown into a crazy situation and despite being very vulnerable she is just the right side of brave and throws herself into a new life making herself a role model for readers straight away.

My heart was totally behind Angela the whole time I was reading this book, I was desperate for her blog to become a success and I had my fingers crossed the whole time that Alex would pull through as the guy she wanted him to be.  Nearing the end of the book things suddenly take a turn for the worst following Angela's argument with Jenny and my heart sank.  You can rest assured with this book that it's not all fluffiness, Angela is going on a real emotional journey that we've all been on at some point, we just all haven't been in New York whilst we go through it!

If you didn't want to visit New York before you read this book, most certainly will do afterwards I can guarantee that.  The way Angela describes it makes it seem magical, if not a little cold!

Thankfully when you finish this book, you're in the glorious position of knowing there are three more in the series waiting to be read... and so not wanting to leave Angela's story there I jumped straight into I Heart Hollywood.  And guess what? - I love it already.

Title: I Heart New York
Author: Lindsey Kelk

No comments: