Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 11 May 2013

I Heart Hollywood by Lindsey Kelk.

This is the second book in the 'I Heart...' series and after loving the first book I have to say I loved this one even more.

It's another example of the perfect chick-lit novel, stuffed full of friendship, romance and lots of embarrassing and cringe-worthy situations for the main character, Angela.  The end of the book in particular had my laughing out loud and there were plenty of heartwarming moments throughout the book too.

I love the relationship she has with her best friend Jenny, who sounds impossibly gorgeous but the best friend to have around when things keep going wrong for you or you're in need of a stylist!

What I particularly liked about this book was that Angela wasn't that keen on Hollywood.  It would be easy for every book in this series to simply gush about the city it's based in which would get a bit boring, but although Angela points out some things she can appreciate about Hollywood, on the whole she's just not that keen.

All in all this is another book that I couldn't put down.  As soon as I finished this one I literally picked up the next in the series, I Heart Paris.  And long may this series continue...

Title: I Heart Hollywood
Author: Lindsey Kelk
I Heart Series #2

1 comment:

Jennifer Joyce said...

I haven't read any of the I Heart series (but I do know that I should) but this sounds like my kind of book. I'm a massive fan of chick lit and, as you said, this looks like the perfect example of what chick lit should be.