Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Friday 31 May 2013

Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie.

Until I read Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson, I never really thought of myself as a fan of thriller books.  However I enjoyed that one so much that when I read the details of Close My Eyes, I was excited at the possibility it could be just as good; and I wasn't disappointed.

I loved this book.  It was gripping from the start, and towards the end I didn't want to put it down.

I really liked Gen, the main character, and so many times throughout the book I felt so sorry for her confusion and could empathise with her doubting herself, yet at the same time I was cheering her on to follow her heart.

There are lots of fantastic twists and turns in this story line, but despite this it's very easy to follow.  I was constantly second guessing my ideas of where the plot would go next and which characters I thought were trustworthy, which made it a really exciting read.

The ending wasn't a disappointment which I'm always worried about when I've been so compelled to keep reading throughout the body of the book.  But the ending of Close My Eyes was totally creepy, and the final twist made the story stay with me long after I'd closed the book.

This is a brilliant book, that whilst being packed full of information to digest as you go on Gen's journey with her, is really easy to follow.  It will absorb you in the story and keep you guessing right up until the end. Definitely one to read.

Title: Close My Eyes
Author: Sophie McKenzie

No comments: