Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Diving-Bell And The Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby.

This is a very short book with an interesting story.  It gives an insight into the world of Jean-Dominique following him waking from a coma suffering from Locked-In Syndrome.

I didn't read the 'extras' at the back of the book until after I'd finished the story but I would recommend reading them first to appreciate the book in full.
Bauby remarkably wrote the book by dictating each letter through a blink of an eyelid.

The book is set in France and translated from French.  The story is well worth a read, giving an insight into Bauby's life before and after his injury.

Title: The Diving Bell And The Butterfly
Author: Jean-Dominique Bauby

No comments: