Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 23 March 2013

The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

As a big fan of the Twilight books I was excited to read the next book from Stephanie Meyer.  Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with The Host.

There was nothing in the book to keep you gripped to the story.  Somehow, I found myself half way through the book thinking that not much had happened and wondering why I was still reading as there was little suspense to keep you interested.

The main characters were not anywhere near as strong as her usual characters - and I do wonder why authors feel the need to give all their main characters similar names when it just makes it more confusing for you to figure out who is who when you first meet them, in this book we had Jamie, Jared and Jeb. I can't say I related to either Melanie or Wanda and didn't feel strongly either way about who I hoped would win safety in the end.

My main criticism of the book is that it is way too long.  With the lack of action in the story I'm sure it would have been possible to half its length.

I will still watch the film, if only to see how it interprets the internal dialogue between Melanie and Wanda, but I wouldn't recommend reading the book.

Title: The Host
Author: Stephanie Meyer.

No comments: