Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married by Marian Keyes.

This is the second book by Marian Keyes (I know because I'm trying to read through her back catalogue in order and having already read her first, Watermelon, this was next on my list).

Like all her books Marian writes excellent chick lit that can cheer you up and make you laugh despite covering some quite serious topics.  This book has a very loveable main character, Lucy, who is ever so slightly neurotic in her search for the perfect man.  There are moments when you want to scream at her that the man she is currently with really isn't right for her, but most of all I found her very easy to relate to and loved the description of her post break-up blues because I think we've all been in that dark place at some point, and joined in with her hysteria!

The story covers topics including depression and alcoholism, friendship and relationships and as ever with Marian Keyes books there are plenty of laughs and gritty real-life drama. 

Title: Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married
Author: Marian Keyes

No comments: