Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Dracula by Bram Stoker.

I'm not one for 'classics' but I wanted to read a horror book and Dracula was recommended to me.  So with a little trepidation I began the book, thoroughly expecting to be frightened, or at least find it a little bit creepy.  Unfortunately I think my generation is so used to vampire films, supernatural books and T.V. programmes that to read something like Dracula now is quite dull.  I'm sure that at the time of it's release it would have been exciting to read and probably quite scary but I found I was expecting to much 'horror' and was disappointed.

I found the book too long and think it could have been shorter, but perhaps all the 'extra' bits used to help build suspense back when the book was scary. 

I would now like to watch the film and compare this to the book.  If you are interested in reading this then remember being a classic it is free on Kindle.

Title: Dracula
Author: Bram Stoker

No comments: