Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Thursday 28 February 2013

Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson.

A gripping page turner... this book should come with a health warning it's that addictive.

I don't think I've ever read anything that could be classed as a thriller and this one was just fantastic.  I was hooked straight away and there were times that I had to stop reading (we all need to sleep sometime) and was so reluctant to stop reading, I just could not wait to pick the book up again.

The main character is very likeable and you are on her side straight away, wanting her to find out about her past and realise who she really is.
The twists and turns in this book are chilling, you know that something sinister is going on but the story is so cleverly written that one minute you think you might know what really happened and then the next you think that idea can't possibly be true.
This book has you guessing right up until the very end.

I found this story took me on a journey with each character.  I felt sorry for Christine, but then swapped to feeling that she was being very selfish.  You live through her confusion with her and just as she at times doubts what is true, so do you.  With Ben I switched between thinking he was such a wonderful husband for being so patient, and that he must be in such a difficult situation; to then feeling he was being unfair to Christine by not telling her the truth each day; only to then swing back to feeling sorry for him, after all he has given up on a 'normal' life by devoting himself to Christine.  You literally jump all over the place when reading this book, it constantly has you on your toes.

This is a very well written book that drags you right inside the story from the outset, and doesn't let you out again until you've finished it (and even then you're left with something to think about).  I would highly recommend this book.  Rest easy that it won't take you long to read as you will not be able to put it down once you have picked it up.

Title: Before I Go To Sleep
Author: S. J. Watson.
Follow S. J. Watson on Twitter

No comments: