Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Friday 21 September 2012

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowden.

An honest, inspiring book that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy...

I love cats so I was always going to love this book, having seen Bob's appearance on ITV's This Morning I already knew he really was quite a Dude!

What I loved about this book was that it wasn't just another book about a cat; it was a story of friendship, told by a homeless, recovering drug addict.  I have learnt things I never knew about cats reading this book, but also I've learnt about how society treats the homeless and it's made me much more aware of issues I never really knew much about. 

This book has definitely made me change my opinion of Big Issue sellers.  I've bought the magazine before, but have never enjoyed it, however I have to admit that I used to pretty much ignore the sellers - seeing as I knew I didn't want a magazine I just walked on.  But now having some understanding of their situation I'll make sure I change that in the future and not be another rude passer-by.

But back to Bob - hes an amazing little cat.  All cat owners know their cats have their own personalities and little eccentricities, but Bob sounds like a  very cool cat indeed!

So right now I'm off to knit my own cat a blue scarf and waistcoat set...

Good look to you James and Bob - you deserve  to enjoy every last bit of this book's success x

Title: A Street Cat Named Bob
Author: James Bowen

No comments: