Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 21 April 2012

How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran

I loved this book. Period.
If I'm honest I didn't realise it was a feminist book when I bought it, thinking it was just going to be a funny read.  But I'm glad it was written by a femininst because reading it has changed my understanding of feminism - it really isn't all about lesbian hating men! Who knew!

If you want a laugh-out-loud read then this is the book for you.  I was constantly laughing reading this book.  At one point it had me in a hysterical giggling fit, with tears streaming down my face, unable to explain to my bewildered boyfriend why it was so funny, because until I'd calmed down, I couldn't form any words!

The author covers some interesting, and sometimes contraversial topics (abortion for instance).  I think every woman would be able to relate to at least some parts of this book, and would even go as far as to suggest that men would find it a good read (bits of it would probably shock them, but it would be an enlightening read for sure!)

Title: How To Be A Woman
Author: Caitlin Moran

No comments: