Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Committed.

Eat Pray Love is my favourite book so I was keen to read another book written by Elizabeth Gilbert.  This one follows on from Eat Pray Love examining the concept of marriage as Elizabeth prepares to re-marry.


This book was really interesting.  It was great to learn so much about the history of marriage and how it has changed in years gone by.  Although I have to admit that for a single girl who hopes to get married at some point in the future, I found that this book sometimes made the idea of marriage sound quite scary!  In many ways it made marriage seem like such a fragile concept that it would be a miracle if anyone ever got married for love, and stayed happily married for love, going on to enjoy the happy ever after we girls dream of.

But if you enjoy learning a little history and a bit of social science then this might be a book for you.  And of course a must for an Elizabeth Gilbert fan.
Title:  Committed.
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert.

No comments: